Click to enlarge image
The Northwest Committee for Employment of People with Disabilities is a diverse group of individuals from local businesses, labor groups, professional and academic fields, government and private social service agencies.
Membership in the Northwest Committee is open to anyone who supports our goal of increasing employment and career opportunities for people with disabilities.
To achieve this goal this Northwest Committee:
- Works to dispel disability myths and stigmas which hinder full inclusion of community members who have disabilities.
- Provides information to employees and the public about the productive potential of people with disabilities.
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to employers and community groups on implementation of the ADA, work place accommodations and assistive technology.
- Publicly recognizes significant efforts by employers and others to employ people with disabilities.
The Northwest Committee sponsors activities which promote the goals of employment and career development by:
- Providing public meetings which present information regarding employment and disability related issues to employers and other community members.
- Award presentations to those who exemplify the goals of the NCEPD.
- Youth Leadership Forum: Local high school students and young adults are selected for participation in this statewide training conference which addresses developing self-esteem, choosing a career, building leadership skills, and assistive technology for independence.
Speakers’ Bureau and consultant service available free of charge to employers and community groups.
NCEPD Committee meetings are held Sept. – June on the second Thursday from 12 – 1:30pm at the Job Market in Eureka.
For more information on Northwest Committee activities or membership, call (707) 362-8026 and a committee member will return your call.
Welcome to the new home of the Northwest Committee for Employment of People with Disabilities. Please continue to check back here for announcements and other information about what is happening in the world of employment for People with Disabilities.